Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Autumn

The humming birds have left and, as if in defiance, the Morning Glory has started to bloom. The mornings start cool. Sometimes the days stay cool, sometimes they reach summer temperatures. Autumn is upon us and the glorious colours are on their way.

Work is less stressful at this time of year; no budgets to create and expense tracking does not reach its height until the first quarter figures are published. But I miss being at the heart of the building amongst the staff and clients. In the new building my office is fairly isolated. Of course this is a benefit in terms of getting work done! It is the social element that is lacking.

I have finshed physical therapy and am now going to try to get to the pool at least twice a week. I need to keep exercising my knee and strengthening those hips that have seen so little exercise throughout the years!

I listened to an interesting interview with Stephen King on NPR. I know King is a great writer and an accomplished mentor to emerging authors. I just wish I enjoyed reading the genre in which he made his name. I never read The Shining or watched the movie in its entirety, but maybe I will try the sequel. The character development sounded intriguing, and it is time to get out of my tea shop/arts&crafts/gardening murder mystery comfort zone!

'Play me, I'm Yours' has come to Boston. What a great idea, pianos in the street for anyone to play! TV News has happened on some pretty good pianists!

No comments:

Post a Comment